Receiving Form DS-2019
The Office of Global Services (OGS) issues Form I-20 immigration documents electronically and will email the document to the student’s Georgetown email account. Shipment of paper documents is for the J-1 Form DS-2019 only.
OGS will ship the Form DS-2019 at J-1 students’ request. OGS is prohibited from sending DS-2019 documents via email. Students who purchase shipment through eShipGlobal must also request an immigration document from OGS:
- New students use their International Student & Scholar Portal account to request an immigration document.
- Current students and alumni request an immigration document by emailing their IS Advisor (new window) or submitting an authorization request.
- Register for an account with eShipGlobal University Express Mail Services.
- Log in to the account.
- Click on “Receive a Package from Universities”.
- Select “District of Columbia DC” and “Georgetown University”.
- Click on “Office of Global Services”.
- Enter the address** where the Form I-20* or Form DS-2019 is to be mailed. (Please use “12345” as the Student ID.)
- Once the address information is entered, select the carrier/service.
- On the next screen, verify the address* is correct. Input credit card information and select “Confirm Shipment”.
- *Please ensure the selected carrier has access to the preferred address. Carriers may not have access to P.O. boxes.
Once the shipment is confirmed online, OGS can print the shipping label. OGS will send the Form DS-2019 as soon as it is issued. An email will be sent from eShipGlobal with your tracking number.
Students must contact eShipGlobal directly in order to change their order prior to shipment, cancel an unused shipment, or if other assistance with arranging a shipment is needed.
Note: U.S. sanctions prevent eShipGlobal from directly shipping immigration documents from the United States to Iran. Students living in Iran should consider arranging shipment to a third country to receive their immigration document.