Receiving the Form I-20 or Form DS-2019
Form I-20 shipments are suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic. Instead, an electronically signed Form I-20 will be emailed to the F-1 student’s Georgetown email account. SEVP allows this accommodation, and the emailed Form I-20 is the official immigration document for all purposes.
Form DS-2019 documents cannot be sent via email. J-1 students must arrange with their IS Advisor to receive a physical Form DS-2019. Please note that DHL is not able to serve the Car Barn while access to campus remains restricted. Please choose FedEx when selecting a carrier/service.
SEVP requires delivery of the Form I-20 directly to the F-1 student. All orders placed through eShipGlobal must name the F-1 student as the recipient.
Students who purchase shipment through eShipGlobal must also request an immigration document from OGS:
- New students use their International Student & Scholar Portal account to request an immigration document.
- Current students and alumni request an immigration document by emailing their IS Advisor (new window) or submitting an authorization request.
- Register for an account with eShipGlobal University Express Mail Services.
- Log in to the account.
- Click on “Receive a Package from Universities”.
- Select “District of Columbia DC” and “Georgetown University”.
- Click on “Office of Global Services”.
- Enter the address* where the Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 is to be mailed. (Please use “12345” as the Student ID.)
- Once the address information is entered, select FedEx for the carrier/service. *At this time, DHL is not able to serve the Car Barn location.
- On the next screen, verify the address* is correct. Input credit card information and select “Confirm Shipment”.
- *Note: Please ensure the selected carrier has access to the preferred address. Carriers may not have access to P.O. boxes.
Once the shipment is confirmed online, OGS can print the shipping label. OGS will send the Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 as soon as it is issued. An email will be sent from eShipGlobal with your tracking number.
Students must contact eShipGlobal directly in order to change their order prior to shipment, cancel an unused shipment, or if other assistance with arranging a shipment is needed.
Note: U.S. sanctions prevent eShipGlobal from directly shipping immigration documents from the United States to Iran. Students living in Iran should consider arranging shipment to a third country to receive their immigration document.