Spring International Student Orientation
Sunday, January 5 – Tuesday, January 7, 2020
OGS hosts an orientation program of information sessions and social events for all new undergraduate students entering Georgetown in F-1 or J-1 status in Spring 2020. Interactive sessions will focus on academic life, immigration regulations, healthcare, employment, and more!
All students in F-1 and J-1 status (OGE exchange, transfer, GU-Q, and degree-seeking) are automatically registered for orientation and will incur a $50 international orientation fee. Students must attend all mandatory international orientation sessions in order to remain in legal student status.
Students may meet with an IS Advisor during OGS walk-in hours from 10:30am-12pm and 2-4pm.
- 9:45am Meet tour guide at OGS in Car Barn 210
- 10am Tours of Yates Field House, Hilltop Campus, and Lauinger Library
- 12-1pm Lunch on Your Own (Lunch Map (new window))
- 1-2pm Student Life Expo at OGS in Car Barn 210
- 1:45pm Meet tour guide at OGS in Car Barn 210
- 2-3pm Tours of Yates Field House, Hilltop Campus, and Lauinger Library
- 3-4pm SFS-Q Session in McGhee Library, ICC (Attendance is mandatory for SFS-Q students)
- 3-4:30pm OGE Exchange Student Academic Session at OGS in Car Barn 210 (Attendance is mandatory for OGE J-1 exchange students)
All sessions will be in GU Hotel & Conference Center.
Attendance is mandatory for all sessions.
- 8:30-9am Welcome & Check-in
- 9-10:15am Status & Study: U.S. Immigration
- 10:30-11:45am American Cultural Narratives
- 12-1pm Boxed Lunch – all are welcome
- 1:15-2:15pm Words of Wisdom Panel Discussion
- 2:15-3:15pm Practical Training & Employment
New International Student Pre-Arrival Checklist
Being organized and prepared before you leave home will make your transition easier! Below is a checklist of tasks to complete before your arrival at Georgetown.
You must report for move-in between 10am-4pm. Please consider this date and time when making travel arrangements to arrive in Washington, DC no later than Sunday, January 5. Detailed arrival instructions will be sent in January. Learn How to Hilltop here!