If you held F-1, F-2, J-1 or J-2 status in 2017, you must file at least one tax form with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by April 17, 2018 - even if you didn't earn any money in the United States. Taking the Tax Questionnaire will help determine what forms you need to file and access resources catered to your circumstances.

Answer Question #1 below to start the Tax Questionnaire. There may be additional questions to answer if more information is needed.

Did you receive U.S. sourced income in 2017? 
U.S. sourced income includes:
  • Salary and Employment Wages
    (including F-1 practical training and J-1 academic training)
  • Scholarship amounts that exceed the cost of tuition, books, and fees
  • Fellowships and/or Graduate Assistantships
  • Honoraria
(January 1 - December 31)