- Trouble at the U.S. Port of Entry
- Immediate danger of being deported from the U.S.
- Hospitalization if you are alone, etc.
What to do:
- Call the Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD) at 202-687-4343.
- Inform GUPD you are an international student or scholar, and GUPD will put you in touch with the appropriate IS Advisor.
- Personal injury
- Sexual assault
- Automobile accident
- Missing persons, etc.
What to do:
- On campus: call GUPD at 202-687-4343 and explain the situation.
- Off campus: Call 911
- Please contact OGS when the office reopens.
If you are traveling without a valid travel signature:
- Complete a shipping request via eShipGlobal
- Email your dedicated IS Advisor to request a new Form I-20/Form DS-2019
- The immigration document will be issued and sent to you when the office reopens.
If your passport is lost or stolen while you are in the United States:
- Contact your local embassy to apply for a replacement
- Contact your dedicated IS Advisor for assistance
* Note: some embassies require a police report in the case of a stolen passport.
If you cannot receive your visa or visa renewal by the program start date:
- Inform your department of the delay and inquire whether a delayed arrival may be accommodated
- Contact your dedicated IS Advisor when the office reopens to explore your options