When OGS is Closed

Immigration-Related Issues and Questions

Travel Signatures
If you are leaving the United States before the office reopens or you are already overseas and in need of a travel signature, please complete a shipping request via eShipGlobal and email your IS Advisor to request a new I-20/DS-2019. The immigration document will be issued and sent to you when the office reopens.

Lost/Stolen Passport
If your passport has been lost or stolen while you are in the United States, please contact your local embassy to apply for a replacement. Please note some embassies require a police report in the case of a stolen passport. Contact your IS Advisor for assistance.

Visa Delays

If you are a new student/scholar experiencing administrative processing or other visa delays that may prevent you from receiving your visa by the program start date listed on your immigration document, please inform your department of the delay and inquire whether a delayed arrival may be accommodated. Please contact your IS Advisor when the office reopens to explore your options.

If you are a continuing student/scholar experiencing delays with your visa renewal, please contact your department and your IS Advisor when the office reopens to discuss your situation.

Immigration-Related Emergencies

Call the Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD) at 202-687-4343. Inform GUPD that you are an international student or scholar and GUPD will put you in touch with the appropriate IS Advisor.

Examples of Immigration-Related Emergencies: Trouble at the U.S. Port of Entry, immediate danger of being deported from the U.S., arrest, hospitalization if you are alone.

Other Emergencies (Non-Immigration-Related)
If you are on-campus call GUPD at 202-687-4343 and explain the situation. If you are off-campus, call 911. Then contact OGS when the office reopens.

Examples of Non-Immigration-Related Emergencies: Personal injury, sexual assault, automobile accident, robbery, missing persons.