New International Students: Arriving at Georgetown

Welcome! Georgetown University has four different International Student Services offices to tailor support to individual academic programs. Each office has a unique website with program-specific instructions on applying for the Form I-20 or Form DS-2019, information on obtaining the F-1 or J-1 visa, University arrival requirements for international students, and other resources. To get started, please identify the appropriate office below.

English Language Center (ELC)

International student advisors at the English Language Center (ELC) serve students admitted to learn English as a second language. Please visit the ELC website to request a Form I-20 and for information on arriving at Georgetown. Please direct inquiries to

Law Center

The Law Center’s International Student Services office serves LLM, JD, SJD, and Law Exchange students. Students attending a program at the Law Center must consult the Law Center website for instructions on how to request a Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 and for pre-arrival information. Please direct inquiries to

Main Campus

The Office of Global Services (OGS) serves students enrolling at the Main Campus:

  • Bachelor’s degrees at the Georgetown College, McDonough School of Business, School of Nursing and Health Studies, and Walsh School of Foreign Service
  • Master’s, Doctoral, and M.D. degrees at the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, McCourt School of Public Policy, McDonough School of Business, and School of Medicine
  • Master’s degree programs that require short-term on-campus study: EMCQSL, EMHSA, MA-IBP, EML-Q, and EMPL
  • Visiting students from Georgetown University Qatar
  • Undergraduate Exchange students
  • Graduate Exchange students: Business, German, German and European Studies, Public Policy, Security Studies, Spanish, and Wallenberg Fellows
  • Post-Baccalaureate Certificates
  • Georgetown Summer Medical Institute (GSMI)

Students admitted to these programs must follow the instructions on the OGS website to request a Form I-20 or Form DS-2019. Please direct inquiries to

School of Continuing Studies (SCS)

The School of Continuing Studies (SCS) serves students admitted to:

  • Master’s of Professional Studies (MPS) programs
  • Bachelor’s in Liberal Studies
  • Master’s in Liberal Studies
  • Doctor of Liberal Studies
  • Summer Sessions
  • High School Summer

Students admitted to these programs must follow instructions on the SCS website to request a Form I-20 or Form DS-2019. Please direct inquiries to