New International Students: Arriving at Georgetown
Welcome! Georgetown University has three different International Student Services offices to tailor support to individual academic programs. Each office has a unique website with program-specific instructions on applying for the Form I-20 or Form DS-2019, information on obtaining the F-1 or J-1 visa, University arrival requirements for international students, and other resources. To get started, please identify the appropriate office below.
English Language Center (ELC)
International student advisors at the English Language Center (ELC) serve students admitted to learn English as a second language. Please visit the ELC website to request a Form I-20 and for information on arriving at Georgetown. Please direct inquiries to ELCimmigration@georgetown.edu.
The Law Center’s International Student Services office serves LLM, JD, SJD, and Law Exchange students. Students attending a program at the Law Center must consult the Law Center website for instructions on how to request a Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 and for pre-arrival information. Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Global Services (OGS)
The Office of Global Services (OGS) serves students enrolling at the Main Campus, Medical Center, and School of Continuing Studies:
- Bachelor’s degrees at the Georgetown College of Arts and Sciences, McDonough School of Business, School of Continuing Studies, School of Health, School of Nursing, and Walsh School of Foreign Service
- Master’s, Doctoral, and M.D. degrees at the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, McCourt School of Public Policy, McDonough School of Business, School of Continuing Studies, and School of Medicine
- Master’s degree programs that require short-term on-campus study: EMCQSL, EMHSA, MA-IBP, EML-Q, EMPL, EMEDM, and IEMEDM
- Visiting students from Georgetown University Qatar
- Undergraduate Exchange students
- Graduate Exchange students: Business, German, German and European Studies, Public Policy, Security Studies, Spanish, and Wallenberg Fellows
- Summer Sessions
- High School Summer
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificates
- Georgetown Summer Medical Institute (GSMI)
Students admitted to these programs must follow the instructions on the OGS website to request a Form I-20 or Form DS-2019. Please direct inquiries to email@example.com.