Non-F/J International Students
The Georgetown community includes many international students who do not have OGS* reporting requirements. Georgetown admits applicants and allows enrollment regardless of citizenship or immigration status.
- Students who are Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) or green card holders (or who are LPR adjustment applicants at the time they enroll) do not have OGS reporting requirements.
- Undocumented students without lawful status in the United States are supported by the Center for Multicultural Equity and Access (CMEA) and other campus partners.
- Students in nonimmigrant categories eligible for full- or part-time study should refer to the organizations sponsoring their status for guidance regarding any permissions and restrictions relevant to their activities at Georgetown.
- IS Advisors cannot assist students in nonimmigrant categories ineligible for study, as we are University liaisons to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its SEVIS database.
- Students interested in transitioning into or out of F-1 or J-1 status during their studies should email the IS Advisor dedicated to their academic program.
*Other campus offices or departments may request immigration information for purposes unrelated to OGS requirements (e.g. tax withholding).