The International Graduate Orientation (IGO) is a two-day program of information sessions and social events for new graduate students entering the university in F-1 or J-1 status. Information sessions focus on academic life, immigration regulations, health care, employment, and more.
All graduate students in F-1 and J-1 status are required to attend the mandatory sessions on Immigration & Compliance and Cultural & Academic Adjustment in order to remain in legal status. Students in F-1 and J-1 status are automatically registered for IGO and charged a $35 new student orientation fee regardless of whether or not they attend the optional events during the two-day program.
Monday, August 21st
- Lauinger Library Info Sessions
- Campus Tours (Grad Resources, Med Campus,
- International Ambassador Activities
- Meet & Greet Happy Hour
Tuesday, August 22nd (ATTENDANCE is MANDATORY)
- Coffee & Registration
- Sessions on Immigration Compliance and Academic Integrity
- Welcome Luncheon
- Sessions on Employment and Health Insurance
- Night Out with International Ambassadors
A detailed schedule will be published here on May 1st. All students will be emailed a final schedule in August.