International Student Orientation and Immigration Session
International Student Orientation
International Student Orientation on Canvas consists of the Pre-Arrival Modules and Post-Arrival Modules. Students must complete the Pre-Arrival Modules and upload their Pre-Arrival Quiz results in the International Student and Scholar Portal as part of the Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 application. Students must complete the Post-Arrival Modules and upload their Post-Arrival Quiz results in the International Student and Scholar Portal as part of their Immigration Document Review after they arrive at Georgetown.
Immigration Document Review
Upload the following documents to the International Student and Scholar Portal within 24 hours of arrival in the Washington DC Metro Area:
- Form I-20 (F-1) or Form DS-2019 (J-1), with your dated signature on Page 1
- F-1 or J-1 Visa (if applicable)
- Most recent I-94 record (accessible after U.S. entry)
- Post-Arrival Quiz Grade
All F-1 and J-1 students must attend a mandatory in-person Immigration Session, even those who have previously studied in the United States.
- The Fall 2022 Undergraduate Immigration Session will be held on Friday, August 19, 2022.
- The Fall 2022 Graduate Immigration Session will be held on Monday, August 15, 2022.
Full details will be announced in June.