Congratulations on your admission to Georgetown University! All non-U.S. citizens must report to the university by completing one of the Immigration Questionnaires (IQ) below.
- If you need an immigration document to study in the United States, you should report as an F-1 or J-1 International Student.
- If you already have a Form DS-2019 to study in J-1 status at Georgetown from another institution (For Example: IIE, Fulbright, Brazil Scientific Mobility Program, USAID), please continue to the bottom of the page to the All Other Non-U.S. Citizens section.
To enter the United States under the F-1 or J-1 student immigration status you must request either a Form I-20 (F-1) or Form DS-2019 (J-1). The deadline to submit all of your documents is December 4, 2015. Most international students study at Georgetown in F-1 immigration status. If you wish to explore the eligibility requirements and restrictons of J-1 status, please click here for a comparison chart.
Before beginning the IQ, please have the following documents ready:
1. Passport Biographic Page: To bring dependents, submit their passport biographic pages as well as your own.
2. Proof of Funding: The amount of money students must show to meet the estimated program expenses for themselves and any dependents.
3. Proof of English Language Proficiency (For J-1 Students Only)
Transfer of F-1 or J-1 Immigration Status:
Have you studied in F-1 status or held a valid post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization in the last 61 days? Are you currently in J-1 student status and you have not yet reached the program end date on your Form DS-2019? If you currently hold an active Form I-20 or Form DS-2019, you must transfer your immigration record from your previous institution to Georgetown. Please note that F-1 students are eligible to transfer their SEVIS records for 60 days following the end date on the Form I-20 or EAD card. J-1 students must initiate the transfer of their SEVIS records before the end date on the Form DS-2019.
6. Copies of All Previous I-20 and DS-2019 Forms
7. Copy of Most Recent F-1 or J-1 Visa Stamp
Georgetown will not accept SEVIS records in completed or terminated status.