F-1 Students

Immigration advising is the most important service OGS offers to the non-immigrant population at Georgetown University.  OGS is the university's expert resource in the areas of F-1, J-1, H-1B, TN, O and PR regulations.  OGS acts as the University liaison with the the Department of State (DOS), and the Department of Labor (DOL) and the agencies headed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), such as United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).  A thorough understanding of immigration regulations is essential to meet the needs of this community.